Friday, January 16, 2009

Captain crunch & a Billion reason not to grind

Credit crunch, yo. Yoshinoya, that is. Hi protein, dense, filling, and relatively inexpensive. While it's easily 50% more expensive than your local "cha siu & you gai" rice box (bbq pork & soya sauce chicken rice), personally I feel less post-meal comatose and less nausea with the beef. There's not doubt Yoshinoya yields very high utility. My secretary gave me a coupon for $3 off a meal, but when I got to the counter, they rejected the coupon, cuz it was for in-restaurant dining only. I like to eat my food at my desk. Eating by myself in the foot court feels like a waste of time; not that it's lonely, but more because I could be surfing the web for more zhang ziyi photos while I wolf down the chow. But after lining up for 15 minutes to place my order, I wasn't in the mood to wait another 15 minutes to get a seat and forfeited the $3 coupon, that would have otherwise paid for a tram ride to central and still give me back $1 in change. Located in Wanchai, the little fast food joint was overflowing from customers bleeding in from Central - I've ran into hordes of strapped associates from Merrills twice in the past 2 weeks already. Yo, that's a 10 minute walk from Garden rd, #3. Somehow it makes sense. A toasted prosciutto and mozzarella sandwich from GREAT will run you at least $65 bucks plus drink. A $39 "Prosperity" beefset meal at Yoshi gets you a hot green tea PLUS your choice of Salmon steak or Sabah fish in teriyaki sauce. Having said that, lunching 4 times a week at the same spot is a bit much. My semiretired ex banker uncle Vincent used to gorge on $15 Cha Siu rice box (bbq pork & rice) EVERYday for lunch. Apparently, it sharpened his valuation skills and charged his market senses enough to hit day end close. I tried that diet for 3-months a few years back, and I almost went blind. And I thought that was from too much prawn.

Zhang Zi yi. I think she's a real trooper for going back to work after all the tough publicity. I really do. Back in the Edison scandal days, there was a letter published online by a Cecilia Cheung doppleganger defender her image as a badgirl, denouncing criticism that she was soiling her reputation, that the only person she had to answer to was her husband. It wasn't actually written by Cecilia, but I wish it had been. It would have been empowering, and I would have rooted for her. In the same manner, I think Ziyi has the goods and the attitude to do the same. Having said that, I had a look at mom's copy of Next magazine, and I have to say - my favorite picture is the one with "dudefella" really getting in there. You know the one I'm talking about - like a hedgehog on coke. That shot makes me laugh my head off. He reminds me of old Columbia Coffee commercials I saw on Saturday mornings - the ones with Juan Valdez nose deep in coffee beans a smile with grinning assurance - quality in every cup, yo.

A note on dance floor approaches. Opening a set on the dance floor is very difficult. Opening a set in a packed club on the dance floor is a genuine challenge. Unless you're Eurasian, you're going to have a very difficult time getting their attention, and even if you do, it'll be unlikely they hear a word you say. Even if you manage to elicit some acknowledgement of your existence, be genuinely careful what you do next. You really should not be diving in Kino if you haven't built a little bit of comfort, let alone attraction. What I'm trying to say is, unless she's looking you in the eye and gives you clear nonverbal permission to dance within her personal space, I DO NOT RECOMMEND slipping in behind her for a grind session - not without at least some communication that results in a sincere smile or laugh. And don't hover around gazing at her longer than the length of the current song unless you're making a clear effort to engage. That kind of fear stinks. But yeah, I don't care how you get it, but don't skip the permission to go straight to the grinding. It creeps them out and you make me look like an ass. No Jagerbombs for you! That is all.

Finally. Mr. Dudefella, I apologize for for not intervening when the Korean Pro was grinding you at the bar. You should know, however, we really did enjoy watching her work you out. It was like you opened up a bag of Christmas cake 10-years too late. Next flaming Moe is on me. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment